Keeping abreast of the best practices in social media could be a full time job. (For us, it actually is!) We thought we’d save you a little time this week by sharing 4 must-know tips to making the most of your social efforts:
- Visual content is important, but written content still rules.
That’s right, in spite of the thousands of likes and shares all those infographics and graphic quotes get, the majority of marketers say that copy is more important than visuals in the social media world. Thanks to the folks at Fast Company for this insight.
- According to Curalate, it’s best to be aware of ideal days and times to post your particular content. For example:
- Fashion/Retail: Friday at 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Automotive: Friday at 12:00 PM Eastern Time
- Electronics: Monday at 10:00 PM Eastern Time
- People expect a response on Twitter, within the hour. They also expect companies to respond within the same period of time during the weekends and out of normal business hours. (Source: Convince and Convert.)
- You need time to do it well. We see this every day. Businesses need to dedicate at least 10-15 hours a week towards their social media efforts- more if you have more than two platforms. Social is no longer something to be done off the side of your desk. Engagement takes time and this is your opportunity to demonstrate customer service, strengthen branding and build community. Take the time you need to do it well.