WANTED: An Amazing Communications Assistant
The Social Agency is looking for a Communications Assistant to join our team on a part-time, contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring communications professional. As part of our team (and with input and guidance) you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Research and write blog posts, conduct interviews with local personalities, and contribute creative ideas to capture the minds of several discerning target audiences.
- Assist in managing PR campaigns, including researching media lists, drafting press releases and (possibly) engaging media directly via story pitching.
- Put your social media voice and strategic skills into action on channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. We need someone with the ability to use these channels strategically, source relevant content and communicate appropriately to the voice of the client.
Skills we are looking for include:
- Social media account management experience.
- Writing and content development expertise.
- An astute attention to detail. i.e. A typo is an abomination to you.
- Experience using Photoshop or other graphics software.
- Experience with Wordpress.
- Experience with platforms and tools such as Offerpop and Hootsuite is an asset.
- Ability to manage your own time, report to a team and contribute creatively. i.e. You're 'Type A' organized.
- Enthusiasm for social media and PR…. Obviously!
Email your CV to howdy @ thesocialagency.ca including a brief introduction and samples of your online writing preferably with social media channels where your voice can be found.